Thank you for considering the Eryn Sharpe Trio for your wedding.
As you know, there are so many details that go into planning a wedding and we want to make the process of adding live music to your big day as easy as possible. This guide will detail everything you need to consider including rates, references, our song list, requests, and other important details.
We regularly play wedding ceremonies, the cocktail hour, during dinner, and for the dance floor, and take pride in our ability to play everything from quiet jazz to the hits of yesterday and today.
Our goal is to be sensitive to each moment, and to simply add our energies to the great joy that is the centre of the occasion.
Eryn, Leon, and Nick
If you are considering having live music for your wedding ceremony keep in mind that our standard arrangement is to provide light instrumental background jazz for 15 minutes beforehand. Then, on cue, we play the processional, play again for the signing of the registry, and for the recessional.
We would love to play your special song request, and have other go-to options available for your consideration. We include one complimentary song request but many couples also choose to have us learn extra song requests at a cost of $75 per song. You can request songs be played instrumentally (without vocals), if you prefer.
Usually the band is placed at the front of the ceremony, but far enough off to the side so as to not interfere with the photography. We DO need power to be supplied to us, but our speaker is quite unobtrusive (pictured above).
Cocktail Hour, Dinner Music, and Dancing.
We enjoy playing music as the evening progresses, and are happy to add ambiance to every phase of your event. We usually play sets of music lasting 50-minutes, and can be flexible about how long breaks are. During breaks, we can put background music on our sound system, or you can provide an mp3 player with a custom playlist if you have specific songs in mind for these times. We can also provide a microphone for speeches with advance notice.
If you have a special song in mind for your first dance, we are happy to learn it and play it for you. Just give us a couple weeks notice.
We always bring a small set of risers that can be placed on a larger stage or on the ground. Please make sure that power and shade are provided where we are intended to perform. We need to have one hour to set up prior to when we start.
If you will be needing us there for more than a couple of hours and it stretches across a meal time, we appreciate it if we can be provided some food and an out-of-the-way place to eat while on a break. We are not big drinkers but please let us know if we are welcome to have a drink.
- $300 Wedding Ceremony.
Includes 20 minutes of background music, the processional, signing, and recessional songs (including a special song request).
- $300 Standard 50-minute set of music.
Perfect for any part of the reception - cocktail hour, dinner, or dancing. Includes a song request, usually for the first dance.
- $75 Extra Song Requests.
- $150 Wedding Rehearsal Attendance.
- $50 Shade Tent. We provide our own shade.
If you are interested in booking us, please fill out as much of this form as you can. We will confirm our availability and send you an invoice confirming the details of your wedding. At that point, your 25% deposit finalizes your booking. The remainder of the total amount is due on or before your wedding day. Payments can be made via interac transfer or cheque.
“Hiring the Eryn Sharpe Trio to play at our wedding this summer was a great experience, start to finish. During the planning stages they were able to offer invaluable advice on the timeline of the night and how their music could fit in seamlessly. They were more than happy to learn two new songs at our request and played them beautifully. Of all the days details, the one thing our guests raved the most about was the music.”
Sarah Robinson- Happy Bride
“I first heard the Eryn Sharpe Trio play at an intimate brunch soiree, and was instantly blown away with their group! Not only is their sound absolutely exquisite, and is their repertoire spot on, but they obviously take a great deal of pride in how they represent themselves, and their clients. A true class act, and one that I hope to work with many times at my events.”
Barb Walker - Owner French Kiss Events
“The Eryn Sharpe Trio provided the music for our evening wedding ceremony and reception. We had heard them play before and knew they would be perfect for what we wanted. They were fantastic! Easy to deal with, great communication skills, provided some helpful ideas with our planning, and made our evening even more special. We had tremendous feedback from our guests about how much they loved the music.”
Sara Coburn – Happy Bride
“With a wide variety of age groups at our wedding Eryn Sharpe Trio seemed like the perfect fit...The song list was a perfect mix of new, classics and their own songs. They provided great suggestions for the ceremony, first dance and parent dances. Their feedback and direction on fitting music into the timeline was appreciated and really made our special day a seamless success. Eryn Sharpe Trio is professional, easy to work with and creative. I would highly recommend having them at your next event.”
Melanie Koller- Happy Bride
“Thank you so much for making our day so special. Hearing your beautiful voice singing one of my favourite songs as I was walking down those stairs kept me so calm. I can't thank you enough.”
Laura Murphy - Happy Bride
- Baby I Love Your Way (Peter Frampton)
- Better Together (Jack Johnson)
- Bubbly (Colbie Caillat)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
- Daughters (John Mayer)
- Don’t Know Why (Norah Jones)
- Friday I’m in Love (The Cure)
- Harvest Moon (Neil Young)
- June Hymn (The Decemberists)
- Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars)
- I Can Tell that We’re Going to Be Friends (White Stripes)
- Mushaboom (Feist)
- Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
- Safe and Sound (Capital Cities)
- Secret Heart (Feist)
- She’s So High (Tal Bachman)
- Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)
- Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
- You Don’t Know How it Feels (Tom Petty)
- All of Me
- Another You
- Beginning to see the Light
- Blue Skies
- Cheek to Cheek
- Come Rain or Come Shine
- Girl From Ipanema
- Give me the Simple Life
- God Bless the Child
- How High the Moon
- I Could Write A Book
- I'll Be Seeing You
- If You Never Come to Me
- It Could Happen to You
- Just Friends
- La Vie En Rose
- Like Someone in Love
- Lullaby of Birdland
- My Baby Just Cares
- Nature Boy
- Night and Day
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- So Nice
- Sunday Kind of Love
- Sunny Side of the Street
- Teach Me Tonight
- That Old Feeling
...And many more!
- Crazy Love (Van Morrison)
- Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen)
- Don’t Dream it's Over (Crowded House)
- For Once in My Life (Stevie Wonder)
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
- How Deep is Your Love (The Beegees)
- How Sweet it is to be Loved by You (James Taylor)
- Peaceful Easy Feeling (The Eagles)
- The Girl is Mine (Michael Jackson Paul McCartney)
50’s and 60’s
- All You Need is Love (Beatles)
- At Last (Etta James)
- Best of My Love (The Emotions)
- Can’t Hurry Love (The Supremes)
- Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel)
- Cupid (Sam Cooke)
- Daydream (Lovin’ Spoonful)
- Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing (Stevie Wonder)
- Don’t Worry Baby (Beach Boys)
- Everyday (Buddy Holly)
- Hallelujah, I Just Love Him So (Ray Charles)
- Higher and Higher (Jackie Wilson)
- I Think we’re Alone Now (Tommy and the Shondells)
- I Want You Back (Jackson 5)
- In My Life (Beatles)
- Let the Good Times Roll (Shirley and Lee)
- Mr. Lee (The Bobbettes)
- Mrs. Robinson (Simon & Garfunkel) Please,
- Mr. Postman (The Beatles)
- Rockin’ Good Way (Brooke Benton)
- Say a little Prayer (Dionne Warwick)
- Sea of Love (Phil Phillips)
- Something’s got a Hold on Me (Etta James)
- There’s a Kind of Hush (Herman’s Hermits)
- Twistin’ Medley (Sam Cooke, Chubby Checker)
- You’ve Got What it takes (Brooke Benton)
- Walking After Midnight (Patsy Cline)
- What a Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)
- Where did our love go? (The Supremes)